Monday 5 August 2013

State of Mind

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. My friend Albert Einstein reminded me of his quote this morning over the internet.

I would ask you. 

Did it occur to you sometimes? Being insane and doing nothing?

A dream that is sleeping for the longest time which you let slip away? Who wouldn't dream of travelling around the world? Who wouldn't want to be in heaven?

The truth hurts. We all want to be in heaven but nobody wants to die. 
Whatever comes to your mind, WAKE-UP! It aint going anywhere if we keep ourselves in a  state of INSANITY.

We've been there every once in a while. Stuck in a rut wanting to move out.
But what’s the difference? What separates the successful over the failure? 

One thing: They do something about it.

If you ask me, I've been there too. Worst times you bet. 
It really had me when I was young and it took me more years; more PAIN to decide. 

I was 21 - I was very broke.  I have a job but I was brokenhearted.  I was devastated over a failed relationship for two years. Imagine a brokenhearted man who wants to kill a man. 

But I decided otherwise. I have decided to take REVENGE!
No, not literally what you're thinking. I've decided to do something about it. I have decided to do something for myself. I didn't know yet how but I will definitely move forward. Perhaps something that I can improve and something that would somehow make her regret. That was what I thought. Its really a big emotional why.

That day, that moment of DECISION was the time my sun started shining. I have opened myself to unlimited possibilities of opportunities later on. 

Couple of months I exposed myself to fitness. I enrolled myself to a gym. I felt good. I gained more confidence. I gained new friends. The usual skinny and pimpled faced is now less than superman himself. If not, even better.

After a year I got myself an opportunity to LEAD. I revived the club I joined in college and gathered pioneering members of the Rotaract Mactan Community –Based. It's basically a nonprofit organization who helps and makes a difference. There I had the chance to improve myself.  Later on I meet abnormal people. Abnormal because of their income and yet you will be amazed because they have the luxury of time to be at SERVICE. I was exposed to charity works; humanitarian and social programs.

All in all I really had a great time. I've learned more interesting things than usual. I explored, traveled and diversified myself in different aspects. I met new faces. I became happier and much healthier person.

What's my point and what's in it for you?

Simple. 

We all have our own unique insanity every once or more in our lives. It might occur in a different time zone but let it not stop all our dreams. Instead make it as a compelling reason to move forward. To chase those sleeping dreams and improve. To go beyond the past and to make yourself even better in the future.

Everything including our brokenness and failure is just a state of mind. And if you don't get this then you are probably INSANE. 

Note: This piece is my Basic Speech 4 at Pueblo Verde Toastmasters Club. I don't mind for comments and suggestions for improvement. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment